Thursday, January 24, 2013

Joey

Two weeks ago today Alexee got a belated Christmas gift, her very own guinea pig!  I think her expression here says it all!   :)
buckle up
Introducing:  Joey Roger Garner
(Rhett read her a list of boy names from the internet, and she decided to call him Joey.)
For the first few days he was really shy and didn't want to leave his house, but he's getting more curious now.
Lane ordered the cage and let Alexee choose the colors--of course she went with pink and purple.
I like his heart-shaped ears.  He's really sweet and loves to eat.  We've found that he loves carrots and celery, but does not like broccoli, cauliflower or bananas.  He also munches on hay all day long.
She drew this at school one day.  I hung it up beside his cage.
She has enjoyed introducing him to her friends, and they all seem to like him too!

1 comments:

sandra said...

Oh my. You are so brave! I don't think I could manage a pet in our home. When Schäfer asks for a dog, I tell him he's getting a baby brother or sister instead. And then I remind him that we live on the 28th floor - not very pet friendly.