Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day Weekend

It has been a great Mother's Day weekend.  Friday night Alexee and Crosby were super excited to have a sleepover at Kylie and Cole's house--they had a lot of fun!  Then Kyle, Jillian & Jack picked them up on their way to our place on Saturday morning.  We got to keep Jack for a few hours!  He is 6 months old now and so precious.  We love getting to spend time with him.  It makes me sad to think of moving away from their sweet family.  Alexee did a great job holding him and feeding him squash.
Those sweet legs!  That sweet face!
Saturday afternoon Alexee went to a birthday party for her friend, Rachel, at River City Gymnastics.  Then we decided to get outside and enjoy the beautiful afternoon at Pinnacle Mountain.
Here we go!
Taking a break along the way.  Crosby was bird-watching.
We made it!  It's such a beautiful view from the top.  The kids all did great, and I enjoyed this special time with them.  They're getting so big, but I love the ages that they are right now!  It's fun to be able to go out and do things like this together.  (We missed Lane though!) :(
We should have taken full-sized water bottles!  It was hot--I love their little red faces though.
Crosby kept saying, "WOW!  Look at this view!"  :)
Little explorers!
I think we live in such a pretty place!
After the climb back down...our feet and legs were TIRED!
*****
This morning the kids had gifts for me.  I'm so blessed to be their mom!  Alexee made beautiful cards and a pink and blue rainbow loom bracelet for me.  I told her it was perfect--pink for being her mom and blue for being Rhett & Crosby's mom!  Rhett had shopped for me after school on Friday when we stopped by Kroger--he bought me a box of chocolates, and he'd also purchased a bag of West Rock Coffee for me from their school coffee shop, and he made me a precious handprint card in his class!  We all had a chocolate for breakfast.  :)  Crosby had already given me his gifts from school (previous post) THANK YOU, RHETT, ALEXEE & CROSBY!  I love you SOOOOO much!
Lane was on call overnight but made it home in time to go to church with us--so glad that worked out!  I had him take our picture on the deck before church (for some reason my phone camera was blurry so we tried another one after church).
BEYOND BLESSED!
I love being their mom.
Today was my last day to serve in the cafe at church.  I've loved being a part of it--I truly enjoyed the people that I worked with, and it was such a blessing to get to help serve breakfast to people on Sunday mornings.  I started volunteering there before Alexee was born.  I've had the wonderful opportunity to get to know Nancy (and her husband, John) over the years there, and I will really miss seeing them on a regular basis.  We had John take our picture today.   Nancy is such a fun person to know--I treasure her friendship!  I wish Tracye had been there today--I always especially enjoy the Sundays the three of us get to work together!  I hope they will come visit us!
I took a nap after church today--GREAT Mother's Day gift!!  :)  Then we took the kids to the park, went to Home Depot then went to dinner at Bravo.  We waited too late to make lunch reservations, so we decided to have sandwiches for lunch and go out tonight instead.  It worked out great!
Yummy dinner at Bravo--perfect way to end the weekend!  Thank you to my family for making me feel special!
*****
AND WE WANT TO WISH A HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO MY MOM (MO), LANE'S MOM (GRAMMY) AND MY GRANDMOTHER (MO NINA)!  We are so thankful for you!
(I love this picture from Crosby's birthday back in March because it has all three of these special ladies in one photo!)

0 comments: