Friday, April 10, 2015

Easter Weekend: He Has Risen!

I love spring and especially Easter!

We had a great weekend.  The kids were excited to find their Easter baskets on Saturday morning.
Crosby read his new book "There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed a Chick" and also wrote in his new football notebook.  (Alexee didn't think his note was funny though.)  :)
We wrote an Easter verse on our kitchen chalkboard.  The redbud and pear trees have been so pretty this week.
Then we dyed eggs.  That's always a messy project, but they had fun!  
Saturday afternoon we were invited to attend an egg hunt at a new friend's house.  The weather was nice, and it was a lot of fun. While all the Dads hid the eggs outside, the kids waited inside and heard about the true meaning of Easter.  There were a lot of kids there!  Heather, the hostess, gave each family a silver egg that contained a cross, a stone and a wooden heart along with verses about the Easter story--so nice!
Ready...Set...
GO!!!
Rhett and Crosby both knew some boys there from school, and Alexee made a new friend.
Sunday morning we went to my parents' church.  It was great to be there!  We had not been to church with them on Easter in many years.  We needed to leave our house by 8:30 to make it there on time, so pictures were at 8:15.  I am so glad that family photos have gotten a little less stressful in the last year or two--everyone tries to be cooperative so we can just get it done and move on.  Finally!  :)
Thankful to get to celebrate this special holiday with my family!
These are the only pictures I took at church and lunch--I wish I would have taken more.  I guess it was just such a quick/busy trip, and it was also chilly and rainy outside so we never really had a good opportunity to do any outdoor pictures.  Left:  Mom and Dad with the five grandkids and two sweet great-nephews; Right:  me with my Aunt Linda.  It was so nice to have lunch at her house and  wonderful to see everyone--I didn't count but Linda thought there were 53 people there.  Lots of good food and lots of loved ones to share it with!

I hope you had a wonderful Easter as well!

"The angel said to the woman, 'Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified.  HE IS NOT HERE; HE HAS RISEN, JUST AS HE SAID.  Come and see the place where he lay.'"  
Matthew 28:5-6

0 comments: