First was the regular morning church service ("The Biography of a Preacher", Genesis 5:21-24), followed by a catered lunch then a wonderful video tribute and singing.
My Uncle Greg sang "The Anchor Holds", one of my favorites.
Mom, Dad and their grandkids
I loved getting to see Kelly and her sweet family! (I borrowed this picture from her.) She has always been super special to me. Our families did so many fun things together when we were growing up...I just wish we could see each other more often now!
Crosby and Alexee loved the dessert table at lunch. :) My sister sent me this picture of Crosby. It looks like he enjoyed both the banana pudding and the cupcakes (and probably a few more things while I wasn't looking)!
With my parents, grandparents, sister and her family
(I really wish Lane could have gone with us!)
The video tribute was perfect...a beautiful summary of thirty wonderful years. I absolutely loved the way Jacquie ended the video with the song God Be With You and the pictures of Bro. Steve and Judy with their kids and grandkids. I know they can't wait to spend more time with them now!
There's no way I could adequately express how thankful I am that God brought them to Flippin, Arkansas, 30 years ago! What a blessing they have been to me and my entire family. We love you, Martins!
"For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven." Ecc. 3:1












1 comments:
Just now reading this. It was a wonderful, but sad day, wasn't it? You got some great pictures...especially the one with y'all together. I feel exactly the same as you about the Martin family...they are some special people and have left a huge imprint on our lives. I will always consider them "family" too... as I do the Hopper family.
Post a Comment