Christmas Eve was a baking day. We made red velvet cookies, peanut butter kiss cookies and snickerdoodles. We arranged most of them on a plate for Lane to take to work the next day, but we kept some for Santa, and some for us to eat!
Christmas Eve night L had to work, but the kids and I went to the Christmas Eve service at our church. Well, tried to go. We got there early and there were very few cars in the parking lot, so we weren't in a big hurry. We had our family photo made...stopped by the restrooms...then we got hot chocolate in the lobby. It still didn't seem overly crowded in the lobby, but when we walked inside to look for seats we couldn't find four together anywhere. We made several laps around the church before deciding we would have to split up and sit in twos. But that didn't work either, still no seats and really nowhere to stand without blocking views. So then we were encouraged to try the overflow room, but found it to be completely full as well. So we finally decided to go home and have our own Christmas Eve service. We laughed about it because this would have never happened had Lane been with us. He would have hurried straight to reserve seats without slowing down for the photo, the bathroom break or the hot chocolate. This confetti picture makes me laugh though, and even though I'm sure the church service was wonderful, I loved the one we had at home. The kids made a quick slide show containing some songs (Christmas and non-Christmas) they wanted to sing, then they took turns reading the Christmas story from Luke.
And now the fun and excitement of Christmas morning!
LOVE THEM!
Crosby made a sweet calendar for us at school, and the kids got us a jigsaw! I'd mentioned wishing I had one recently when I was working on a project, and they remembered. :)
After opening gifts, we cooked our usual breakfast.Lane had to be at work at 11:00, and the kids and I packed up to go to my parents' house for Christmas night.





















0 comments:
Post a Comment