Tuesday, June 19, 2012

OBU & HS

One more vacation post...

We had breakfast at the lodge's Loose Moose Cottage Thursday morning, then Lane took everyone back to the water park for about an hour while I went to the room to pack up.  We decided to spend the last night of vacation in Hot Springs with Lane's parents.  They kept Bogart for us while we were gone (a BIG thank you to them for that--we appreciated it so much!!) so we needed to pick him up, and we thought it would be fun to go out on the lake Thursday evening.  Lane always enjoys playing golf with his Dad, so they played Friday morning, and I took the kids swimming. We met for lunch, then got Bogart and headed home.  Even though it was a super fun trip, I was ready to be back in my own house/bed.

We needed a restroom break on our way to Hot Springs, so we made a stop at OBU, where I went to college.  Taking the kids to campus was on our summer to-do list anyway, so that worked out nicely.  I hadn't been there in a long time, so it was fun to take a brief walk and show them a few things.  

We went in the student center where I showed them my old mailbox.  I loved getting mail in college (thanks, Mom!).  It's weird to think that we didn't text back then, and I really only had a cell phone for emergencies.  I don't think my parents had a home e-mail account until my sophomore year, so OBU Box #4001 was actually useful!  I wonder if students ever get real mail anymore?  If not, they're missing out!
Standing in front of the Tiger Statue
Crosby asked me to take his picture by this tree.  He's a cutie!
on the chapel steps
Seeing them walk across campus suddenly made college seem like a very LONG time ago.  The building in front of Alexee was where I lived my Freshman year (Flippen-Perrin Hall).
I've always thought it was such a pretty, cozy campus.
:)
Bob picked up pizza for dinner that night, then we went out for a nice, evening boat ride on Lake Hamilton.
ice cream bars at the pool on Friday
Thankful for safe travels and fun family time last week!

1 comments:

His Doorkeeper said...

Love the pics of the kids at OBU! Did you ever dream you would have 3 children of your very own standing on the campus of OBU??

May be one of them will go there to college too! How neat that would be! By the way, loved your Father's Day post....so sweet of the kids surprising Lane and the tribute to the men in your life was so sweet!