Monday, September 9, 2013

Short but Busy Week

Even though it was a four-day week due to Labor Day, last week was busy!  It was all good things, though.  On Tuesday my Grandparents were in town for the day so I got to have lunch with them!  The kids were all at school, so it was a treat to have an hour just to sit down and visit with them.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.  They are so special to me, and I'm very grateful for them.  What a great way to start the week!
On Wednesday Crosby worked on his tricycle, we played basketball at the gym and then attended the first fall story time at the library.  The story time theme was Grandparents' Day, which Crosby loved.  He said he'd like to go back, so this might be a weekly activity for the two of us this year.  That afternoon R had a make-up guitar lesson then we picked up a pizza for dinner.
Listening to the stories.  (sweet little hands clasped!)
School updates:
Cros seems to be doing fine at preschool!  He likes going and has such sweet teachers.  I loved his answers on the interview.  :)
Rhett decided that he wanted to run for Student Council VP this year (a 4th grade position).  His essay and poster were due on Friday so that was his after-school project on Thursday.  He likes to be very involved at school--I hope he wins!  I think elections are this Friday.  :)
Alexee loves her 1st grade teacher, and I love that I can already see growth in her reading and writing.  Rhett is reading a few chapters of Because of Winn-Dixie to her each night, and she wanted to write about the first chapter in her notebook.  She asked me to read through it and correct her mistakes while she was at school.  :)
Friday night my parents were in town for an Arkansas Game & Fish Foundation dinner.  My Granddad was being honored there as a Legacy Award Recipient.  We're all so proud of him for his passion and devotion to our state!  It was great to get to see Mom and Dad.
Shortly after my parents left it was time for Alexee to go to an "Almost Sleepover" birthday party.  She was so excited!
Saturday morning was Crosby's first soccer game (separate post)--it was really fun!  That afternoon Crosby took a long nap and Alexee made BFF necklaces.  She's very crafty and loves to spend time making things.
Saturday night Lane was on call at the Razorbacks game.  I think this was his third year to work there.  There were no emergencies in his section, so he just got to enjoy watching the game from the sidelines!  I took this picture to send to his parents--him in the new Hogs shirt and cap that they gave him for his birthday last week.
While he was at the game, the kids wanted to go to the playground.  Rhett wanted us to play "Monkey-in-the-Middle". 
Then we went to Big Orange for dinner and had a good time.  They must have worked up quite an appetite at the playground.  Rhett ate every bite of his burger, I ordered a chicken strip and fruit basket for A & C to share and they ate all of that and asked me to order another one.  Crosby ate most of it too, then we shared two milkshakes:  Chocolate Factory and Cookies and Cream.  They have delicious shakes there!  That night they all had a "sleepover" in Rhett's room.

0 comments: