Monday, October 28, 2013

Last-Minute Pumpkin Carving

Wow, the month of October really got away from me!  I think this is the first year that we haven't made it out to a pumpkin patch.  Which is sad to me because it's one of my favorite things to do!  But since Halloween is on Thursday and we have something going on after school Monday through Wednesday we were running out of time for carving Jack-O-Lanterns.  We decided to make a quick trip to purchase pumpkins from a local stand on Sunday afternoon.  When we got there and saw that their carving-size pumpkins were $15-$22 each and everyone wanted their own, we quickly moved to Plan C...buying them from the huge box in front of Kroger.  (Not exactly the fall photo setting I had in mind, but oh well!) :) 
One quick pic by the pricey pumpkins
(Crosby thought I'd grabbed his shoes, and I thought he already had them on, so he shopped in socks.)
Yay for $3.99 pumpkins at Kroger!
It was rainy, so we carved them in the garage.  
Crosby wanted a happy face pumpkin, and Alexee and Rhett wanted to make vampire pumpkins.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

2 comments:

sandra said...

The same thing happened to us! We went to our first pumpkin patch ever and I told the kids we would get a pumpkin there. Oops! They were $25 a pumpkin! I thought California pumpkins must be really expensive. Of course, we did not buy one. Then I went to the grocery store and got one for $2.99.

Claire said...

Cute carvings!