Monday, February 24, 2014

Valentine Weekend, A's Check-up

The kids were out of school on Valentine's Day (Friday), so we went to my parents' house for the weekend.  My mom actually met us and took the kids for the afternoon while Lane and I went to the new house (see here) to meet with the previous owners before they moved out.  We stopped for lunch before the meeting and had kind-of forgotten that it was Valentine's Day until we saw the restaurant's special holiday menu-ha!  We were pleasantly surprised to find out that Red Velvet Cake was their dessert for the day!  (It was really good, but still not as delicious as my Mom's cake.)
We have the keys now, but I still can't believe we're moving.  It's only about 15 weeks away now...very mixed emotions!  Meanwhile, the kids were busy feeding with Mom.  They saw the birth of this calf and told Mom they thought its name should be "Windy Jo" because it was such a cold, windy day.
On Saturday I went with Mom to feed.  I wanted to try to help her, but I honestly think I just slowed her down because she had to tell me how to do everything.  I enjoyed the time with her though! 
I showed the kids how to play Chinese Checkers Saturday evening.  I always liked playing this game with my Great-Grandmother at her house.  The kids seemed to have fun with it too.
My Grandparents came over Saturday evening and gave Alexee her birthday present--a pretty heart shaped necklace, which she loved!   It was a great weekend!
*****
Love Alexee's artwork:
At the church playground after guitar lesson:
Alexee also had her 7 year well-child check-up last week.  I'm always so extremely thankful for healthy children!  I asked her to smile for a 7 year old picture and these are the expressions I got from her.  :)  She seems to be doing great!

0 comments: