Thursday, November 13, 2014

Halloween Weekend

We had a really fun Halloween weekend.  That Friday morning I went to Crosby's class party.  I helped with the craft station where the kids made egg-carton spiders.  The kids were all so excited about it being party/trick-or-treat day!  I didn't take many pictures, but here's Crosby with his group when it was their turn to make the craft.  The school had early dismissal so we were able to get on the road early for our weekend trip to Little Rock.  We'd made plans a while back to spend Halloween there, and we were all looking forward to catching up with friends!
We made a quick stop at our LR pediatrician's office for the kids' flu mists then checked into the hotel and changed into costumes.  Alexee wanted to be a black cat this year, Rhett wanted to be a Clash of Clans Giant, and Crosby's costume choice went from Batman to cheetah to puppy to Captain American and finally to Ironman.  :)  It was funny trying to turn Rhett into a giant with quilt stuffing. 
We met three other families at Larry's Pizza for an early dinner before trick-or-treating in our old neighborhood.  It was GREAT to see everyone!!!  
(Above is the picture we used as a guide for R's costume.)  It was strange to trick or treat at our old house!  Below is a picture of the group on "our" porch.  We ended the night in my friend Ali's neighborhood for just a little more trick-or-treating.  We caught up with the hayride and rode a short distance which was fun (and chilly!).
Saturday morning we had breakfast at the hotel then took the kids swimming.  Lane's parents drove over to visit for the day--it was great to see them!  We all went to lunch at one of our favorite lunch places, Izzy's. 
 
After lunch we went to the Apple store and Alexee and I made a quick stop by the new HomeGoods.  Crosby ran into a buddy at the Apple kids' table.  :)
Saturday afternoon I took Alexee to K's birthday party, Rhett went over to a friend's house and Lane and Crosby hung out with Bobba & Grammy.  (They had fun going to the bookstore and to Purple Cow for milkshakes.)  K's doll tea party was SO CUTE.  I loved the details of Emily's decorating--it was all so adorable!  Alexee had such a wonderful time.  I could tell she loved being there with all the girls, and I was so thankful that it worked out for her to go.
The Razorbacks played at 6:00 Saturday night, so Lane wanted to watch the game.  We picked up Chick-Fil-A for dinner (another thing we miss, although they are finally building a CFA here, scheduled to open next spring).  The Martins came over to the hotel so the guys could watch the game and the kids could swim--it was a really fun evening!  
And on Sunday morning we loved getting to go back to church at Fellowship.  I really don't even know what to say about that...it was wonderful to be there, but also tough to be reminded how much we miss being a part of that church family. :(  
                                              
We met one of L's med school friends and his family at Mellow Mushroom for lunch before leaving town.  We enjoyed visiting with them, too.  It was a great weekend all around!

0 comments: