Sunday, November 23, 2014

Our First Tree

Fall just did not seem to last long this year.  Cold weather showed up early, and the whole town was decorated for Christmas on November 1st.  So I gave in to the pre-Thanksgiving decorating mindset and bought a new tree for the kids last Friday.  (We usually have two trees:  the kids' artificial tree filled with their ornaments and the living room tree that we cut down at the tree farm.) The previous artificial tree had been around for many years and had lost a lot of branches over time so I threw it away when we moved.  Lane and I shopped for a new one at Home Depot last week.  R, A & C were really excited to get to decorate it Saturday morning.  We were also SUPER happy to not have anywhere to go on a Saturday morning for the first time in TEN weeks! (soccer and football were fun, but we were all ready for a break!)  I built a fire in the sunroom, turned on some Christmas music and didn't leave the house all day--it was great!!
They did such a nice job on the tree, and they were really happy with it!
We brought the wagon in from the garage and filled it with the Christmas books.  We've had fun reading those at night.
Happy Holidays!  :)

2 comments:

This Old House said...

I'm LOVING that wagon full of books! Such a cute idea! : ) Wish we lived closer so I could come over! Ha! : )

Unknown said...

LOVE the wagon of books ideas!