Monday, January 19, 2015

Beautiful January Weather

It was such a nice weekend!  Saturday morning we didn't have to go anywhere so we slept in and made chocolate chip muffins for breakfast.  Rhett and I went out to run some errands.  We were hoping to shop for new eyeglasses for him, but the store was closed so we did a few other things instead.
Saturday evening we had a new babysitter--this was our first sitter since we moved last summer.  She was super sweet and the kids loved her.  Lane and I often go to lunch on his days off, but it was fun to finally go out on an official date at NIGHT!  Ha!  We went to Springfield, ate at Metropolitan Grill (the food was great) and saw American Sniper (also great--I'd go see it again).  The movie was sold out.  We got there 30 minutes early but still couldn't find two seats together! 
Lane was off on Sunday too...it's always so nice to all go to church together.  We went to lunch after church then the kids and I went exploring in the woods behind our house that afternoon.  It was 60 degrees!  It was wonderful to get outside and enjoy the sunshine without bundling up!  You can walk about 10-15 minutes through the woods and get to the lake, but we never tried it this summer/fall because I'm scared to death of snakes.  :)
 The sky looked so pretty.
Loved getting outside with them!

5 comments:

Candy said...

the warmer weather and the sunshine are most welcome after such cold and dreary days! I LOVE all of these pics--what a beautiful walk!

Courtney said...

Jamie-It's fun to keep up with your family through your blog! Every time we've lived away (in GA and AL) it's always so hard to find sitters--so glad y'all were able to go out and have such great time!

Her Preppiness said...

Love your blog

Unknown said...

So glad you found a sitter! And I love the fact you can get to the lake via a short walk out your back door. We may need to join y'all next time! ;-)

Unknown said...

So glad you found a sitter! And I love the fact you can get to the lake via a short walk out your back door. We may need to join y'all next time! ;-)