Thursday, January 29, 2015

Houston Trip

Catching up (again)...

January 22-25 I had a wonderful weekend trip to visit friends in Houston, TX.  Heather and Stacy both live there, and Lianne drove down from Dallas to spend the weekend with us too!  Heather picked me up from the airport Thursday afternoon, and I spent the first night at her house.  It was so nice to catch up with her and see her sweet boys.  She is always a perfect hostess.  The guest bedroom had fresh flowers, a welcome sign and a welcome basket filled with snacks, magazines, water and a candle.  Sadly, there was an unexpected death in her husband's family that week, so they had to leave town on Friday, but I'm so thankful we had a little bit of time together!  
So late Friday morning I went to Stacy's house, and Lianne arrived that afternoon.  We had so much fun talking, laughing, eating and shopping.  Stacy introduced me to Trader Joe's cookie butter.  YUM.  We (I) already ate the jar that I brought home...wish I would have had more room in my suitcase!  We also went to World Market.  I'd never been there before but had heard it was a great store.  I finally found barstools that I really liked, so I sent pictures to Lane, and we decided to order them.
Lianne & Stacy
Love these sweet sweet friends!
We stopped for breakfast at la Madeleine on our way to the airport on Sunday.  I wish we had this restaurant here!
  
Had such a nice weekend but couldn't wait to get home and see Lane and the kids and Bogart!
Two of my World Market purchases:  chalkboard labels for the jars in our pantry and four barstools.

0 comments: