Monday, April 25, 2016

Music Program, Soccer & Home

April 21st, First Grade 7 Habits Music Program
The songs were all very cute, and the kids were great performers.  
More soccer, 4/23
Such a great group of boys!  Crosby really enjoyed the season.
After the soccer game that afternoon we went to Flippin for the night to see my parents and my sister's family.  The kids don't get to play with their cousins as much as they'd like, so we didn't want to miss a chance to hang out with them while they were there for the weekend!

Dad build me this neat patriotic planter out of old barn wood!  He even filled it with red and white geraniums.  I couldn't wait to put it on our porch for the summer.  Thanks, Dad!  I love it!
Mom's irises were in full bloom and SO pretty!  I plan to dig up some this fall to transplant to my yard.  Isn't this one perfect!
Rhett and Jaiden (and Crosby and Mic too, but I think they were outside when I took this picture) finally celebrated their March birthdays together by exchanging gifts.  
The grandkids before church on Sunday
(So fun to think about a new baby being in the group pictures soon.  My sister's baby boy is due in July--we can't wait to meet him!!!)
We ate a quick lunch then went to the cabin/river for the afternoon.  All the kids hopped into the Jeep with Grandad, while my sister and I (and the dog) hauled the tubes.  We laughed so hard at the scene...they would not stay in the truck (maybe it was my driving!?).  They were tied together, but they kept blowing out and we had to pull over multiple times to try to rearrange them.  Micaela finally held the rope through the window and kept an eye on the dog to make sure he didn't get tangled up.
It was worth the effort though, the kids had a blast tubing in the river!  Not even a banded water snake could scare them away.  (Harmless, but I still hated seeing it!!)
The kids all threw rocks at the snake as Dad and Micaela looked through the binoculars and directed from the bank.  We heard Rhett suggest to Jeryn that he swim out there and kill it with a paddle.  Ha!   I love the outdoors...until a snake gets involved. 
We left straight from there to drive back home.  I can always tell they've had fun when I glance back and see this:  
It was a short trip, but we had a great time!

0 comments: