Friday, May 27, 2016

End of School Year

This school year went by in the blink of an eye!  Everyone had a great year...great teachers, great friends.  Here's a quick recap of the last few days of school:

Monday, 5/16, Career Day for Elementary.  Crosby went as a doctor, Alexee a teacher.
Monday morning was also the 6th grade awards assembly and talent show.  We're really proud of Rhett.  He received award certificates for math, reading, writing, science and social studies.  The teachers also did a really sweet 6th grade video.  These kids are moving on to the JUNIOR HIGH building across town in the fall!   Junior High...wow.  That does not even seem possible because I JUST dropped him off at Kindergarten.
Rhett and five other boys did a synchronized swimming skit (based on this video) for the talent show.  They did a good job--it was cute and funny!  There were also vocal performances, gymnastics, dances, comedy, etc.  Lots of talented kids!
the swimmers :)
Way to go, Rhett!
That afternoon I needed to run a few errands in Springfield so while I was there I picked up Hurts Donuts for an after school snack.
Tuesday morning, 5/17, was the 1st Grade Year-End Celebration.  Elementary does a summer camp theme where each class sits in a circle around a "campfire", and the kids receive badges for accomplishments throughout the year.  The principal and assistant principal also participate in funny games, and they play camp music as each student walks down the carpet for recognition. 

Great job, Crosby!  We are super proud of you!!
Last week of school silliness...wearing their pants up really high.  :)
And that afternoon, the 3rd grade ceremony!
So proud of you, too, Alexee!
Sweet friends 
This fall they will move to the Intermediate building across the street! 
Tuesday the 17th was also my parents' 41st wedding anniversary.  They sent me this picture from their dinner out that night.  Love them!!
Then Wednesday the 18th was the last day of school...and it was a half day!  Tropical Day for Alexee, Pajama day for Crosby.  I think they watched movies and and had a fun morning saying good-bye to teachers and friends.  
Summer break is off to a good start:
Sonic ice cream picnic in the driveway last weekend (with some sunshine, finally!  It has rained SO MUCH lately).
And now Memorial Day Weekend is here, which makes it officially feel like summertime!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahhh, I LOVE it! What a great year! I can't believe Rhett is going to junior high and our girls will be in the intermediate building. Praying Alexee and AC have class together next year! Let's get together ASAP! Happy summer!