May has been a whirlwind so far! Our last day of school is May 18th, so there are many end-of-school-year events going on. Here are a few highlights:
Year-end Math Club party at CiCi's Pizza. Rhett with his wonderful math club teacher, Mrs. P!! (I think this was actually the last week of April, but anyway...fun time of pizza and games for the kids!)
Art Show
Crosby and Alexee both had artwork featured in the show. Crosby's piece was his 100 Year Old Self-Portrait (created during their 100th day of school activities). His portrait is the one with the blue background on the top row. :) Alexee's was a bedroom diorama, which included a cute kitty blanket on the bed and a hummingbird feeder visible through the bedroom window. :) And the art show was on May 5th, so we went to eat Mexican food afterward for Cinco de Mayo--yum!
Crosby has had baseball practices...love this picture of him walking to the field with two of his buddies
And they had their first game on May 2nd. So cute! He couldn't wait to play!
He was at bat twice (coach-pitch), and hit it both times! He did great! He has never played baseball or even T-ball before, so this is all new. I'm so proud of him. He now says that baseball is his favorite sport, but I think he has said that about flag football, soccer and basketball at some point...he just loves to play any sport, and I love to watch him!
Alexee and I went shopping for tomato plants one evening.
Crosby's class hosted a Meet-the-Author Celebration where they showed parents many of their writing pieces from the year. Each Author had an illustrated box full of their work. C's included a reports on hawks and eagles, a paper about life at age 100, an All-About-Me book and many other great things! :)Crosby and a friend delivered chocolate chip cookies to the guests at the beginning of the party. :)
We did have a quiet Saturday morning before a soccer game. We made homemade waffles and hung out on the porch with Bogart.
Yesterday was the Celebrate Literacy Carnival at R's school, so I helped with one of the stations there. I didn't take any pictures, but Rhett had fun eating cotton candy and playing games all afternoon with his friends!












0 comments:
Post a Comment