We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family in Flippin. My sister's family was in town, and Lane's parents drove up and met us there this year, too! It was great to all be together.
We stayed at the river house (and had our Thanksgiving meal there also), so I tried to do all the grocery shopping and most of the cooking at home before we left town.
I burned the first buttermilk pie so I started over and made another one. The "bad/burnt" one actually tasted fine (we ate it Wednesday night) even though it didn't look very nice. I thought these cranberries looked so bright and pretty getting ready to go into the cranberry fluff. I always think of my Great-Grandmother Wood when I make it.
We picked up rolls from a local bakery on our way out of town. We were loading the car to leave on Wednesday when the bakery called (at 12:50) and asked if I was still planning to pick up the rolls. They told me then that they'd be closing at 1:00, but someone would still be there to let me in. Oops!! It was a crazy busy morning and a cold and rainy afternoon, but as soon as we made it to the river and got everything unloaded Lane built a warm, cozy fire and we had a relaxing evening. The kids played cards and chess, and I made veggie soup and cornbread for dinner.
Getting everything ready for lunch on Thursday:
Mom brought my (belated birthday) red velvet cake! We forgot to take a picture before the kids got into it. :)
One of the many things I'm thankful for this year is this precious baby nephew! We love him so much!
Thankful for everyone in this photo--what a blessing to be surrounded by a loving family!
Happy Thanksgiving!

My sister brought me this for my birthday. I love the mug--I've been using it almost every morning!
So after lunch it was time to get ready for the next family gathering with the Hoppers! We had about an hour drive to my aunt's house, so I made a grape salad that afternoon, we rested for just a few minutes and then left for her house! The two new 2016 babies were very popular at the party. :)
J is growing so fast!
This November would have been my Papa Hopper's 100th birthday, so my Dad and Aunt Judy put together a very special photo memory book for each of his children and grandchildren. It's such a treasure to me!
Judy also had this neat display table in her living room. I loved looking at all the photos, letters and keepsakes. I was blessed to have a lot of time with my Mama Hopper, and I have many wonderful memories of her. I wish I could have known Papa, too. I'm really thankful we were able to remember him together this Thanksgiving.



















0 comments:
Post a Comment