I can't believe it, but our first child is a teenager! How do the years go by so quickly!? We were just planning his nursery, learning how to put his infant carrier in the car and watching Blue's Clues together. Now he's my tech support, he can cook a meal by himself and he likes to practice driving when we're at my parents' farm.
Happy 13th Birthday, Rhett!
We love you, and we are super proud of you!
The day he was born, his 1st birthday and his 13th birthday
We had cinnamon rolls, eggs and bacon for his birthday breakfast. (I'm terrible about remembering to buy birthday candles, but we happened to have a "3" in the drawer so he added a "1" in front of it.) :)
I let him choose what we had for dinner that night, and he chose shrimp enchiladas with poblano cream sauce. He even did most of the cooking! Maybe he'll be a famous chef someday.
Alexee had a basketball game that night so after dinner we went out for donuts (instead of birthday cake) before the game.
donut decisions
As it usually does, his birthday fell during Spring Break, so his school lunch celebration took place the following Monday. He asked me to bring Panda Express. I loved getting to have lunch with him at the JH campus for the first time.
*****
And less than 24 hours after Rhett turned 13, my niece turned 13! (What a crazy few days that was in 2004...I was still in the hospital with Rhett when my sister went into labor!) These two have always been super close friends. They are such special blessings to our family. We love you both, R & J!













1 comments:
Loved watching Rhett grow up. He is such a handsome, smart and sweet young man! You have a right to be very proud, Jamie and Lane! Life just moves too quickly these days and I love to look back on the days when YOU were 13!! :)
Post a Comment