March 14-16
We spent two nights in Kansas City during the kids' spring break. It was nice to get away for a little while and spend time together outside of the normal routine. Unfortunately it turned cold again (and snowed a little bit during our drive) so we stayed bundled up while we were there, and we had to change our plans a little because it was too chilly to go to the zoo. And I happened to wake up with that weird stomach bug the morning that we left town, so that wasn't great timing but we still made the best of our break.
When we got there on Tuesday we ate at T-Rex Cafe and then took the kids to SkyZone trampoline park. I think they jumped for two solid hours!
Crosby wanted his picture made with the pterodactyl in the background because he did a project on pterodactyls earlier this school year.We went to Trader Joe's to restock our cookie butter and coffee. I love their fresh flower displays, but we're never able to buy flowers because we're traveling. It would be nice to have a TJ's closer to home.
We also visited the College Basketball Experience/Hall of Fame at the Sprint Center. It was very interactive, and I think the kids really enjoyed it.
Breakfast at eggtc. and shopping at World Market
We'd planned to visit the zoo on Thursday, but it wasn't warm enough so we went bowling instead. We hadn't been bowling in years! It was a lot of fun (but so much more difficult than it looks--my score was terrible)!
We ordered pizza there for lunch. Love Crosby's expression on the left. :)That afternoon I dropped Lane and the kids off at home then I went to meet my parents to get Bogart back. He does fine staying with them, but we were really missing him! It was great to have him back.














0 comments:
Post a Comment