Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween fun

The kids really enjoyed trick-or-treating this year. Rhett chose to be a skeleton (he thinks it's funny to try to scare people now), Alexee wanted to be a horse, and Crosby was a giraffe. I thought they all looked cute! It's always fun to see them in their costumes.

No "skeletons in the closet", but we did have one in our Japanese Maple tree:
Before trick-or-treating:
Ringing the doorbell at my friend Ali's house (isn't her wreath cute!?):
When they first opened the door, Alexee was scared of Lawson's costume! She's been afraid of Rhett's, too. He's chased her around and around and she's screamed and screamed the last few weeks--poor thing. Having a big brother makes you tough, I guess!

Rhett & his friend Lawson--I think it's so funny the way they are looking at each other!
Family Halloween picture--minus the little giraffe who was asleep in the car:
Lawson & Maylee waving good-bye:
Thanks for the candy, Stankiewicz fam!
Just down the street from Ali's house, we ran into R's friend, Olivia, and snapped a quick picture together:
Lane & Crosby after C woke up:
This house scared Alexee, too. She ran away, but Rhett liked it!
Cute cowgirl:
At Mrs. Charla & Mr. Bobby's house. Charla was pretending to be scared of the skeleton! Not only did she have great candy to share, but she also had a possum in her back yard for the kids to look at--what a trick-or-treating bonus!
We then came back to our house, and I brought Alexee & Crosby in for baths (Alexee had eaten way too much candy--she didn't eat a bite of dinner). Lane, Rhett and a few of our neighbors walked a loop around the neighborhood and collected quite a bag of delicious candy. What a fun night!

4 comments:

Jacquie said...

This post cracked me up. I love the costumes. The horse is TOO MUCH!!

Candy said...

The kids look ADORABLE all dressed up! It looks like ya'll had a fun night! :)

Pigtails & Pearls said...

Looks like ya'll had a very happy Halloween!

on the eastern journey said...

You got SO many great shots! I love the one of the three kids together. Crosby looks so happy to be a giraffe!