Friday, November 20, 2009

Thanksgiving Program/Breakfast

(RGG--middle row, left)

Yesterday Rhett's Kindergarten did their Thankgiving program, and it was so cute! They were dressed in hand-painted Indian vests and feathered headbands. They'd made up their own Indian name, and R's was "Fast Deer". Here they are singing one of their songs (it was crowded and dark, I was holding Alexee on one hip and I was behind several people, so my pictures aren't great.)
After the singing, the class had Indian pancakes (apples for feathers, bacon for headband, raisins for eyes, cherry for nose and icing for a mouth).
Hungry "Fast Deer"
Alexee was mad about me giving her a PopTart rather then a pancake. I knew that was going to happen. Rhett waiting patiently for the icing.
Alexee and a friend.
I always think these are funny--the kids' descriptions/recipes. His teacher put together this little keepsake "cookbook".
Rhett's recipe:
Some of the other kids obviously have hunters in their families. Some were a little more graphic than R's "go to the market".
This one made me laugh: "If someone is selling turkeys"
This one sounded good to me--it includes popcorn, sugar, gumballs and icing.

Happy Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

His Doorkeeper said...

Don't you love little kids?? I love Fast Deer's costume, his Indian Pancake, and his directions for cooking turkey! These were so funny!
Thanks for sharing! I hear ya'll will be here for Thanksgiving! All ours will be here too! Come over and visit if you get the chance!

The Jennings said...

Ramsey and Rhett dressed alike today. Ramsey was Thunder Bird. Ha! Love the recipes! Priceless.

Gretchan

In His Army said...

Those are hilarious. I love his costume and name.

Jacquie said...

Makes me miss those days!! (well, except for when #2 gets mad because #1 is getting treated to a better breakfast menu.)

The Dorns said...

Oh Thank you for sharing I needed a good laugh.