Sunday, June 13, 2010

Day Trip to Texas

Yesterday was such a fun day! I left shortly after 7 a.m. to drive to Atlanta, TX for my friend Heather's Sip & See brunch. It was held at a beautiful house called The Atlantean.

Heather & baby Bennett arrive
The entry table
I thought this was cute:
Bennett held by his Aunt Tonya, having his hair combed by his Momma for the party.
The decorations were done in blue and brown. The cake was so cute, and the baby shoes on top were made of fondant and laced with ribbon--they were adorable!
We became friends at the very beginning of our Freshman year at Ouachita Baptist University in 1995...a lot has changed since then, but I'm so glad we've stayed in touch all this time!
Sweet Mom & Baby Boy (3 months old)
I ate way too many of these. The owner of The Atlantean did such a wonderful job with the food and decorations--everything was delicious!
Hostess Photo
Jamie, Gretchen, Jodi, Holly, Heather & Bennett, Paula, Julia
Family Photo
Heather with her Grandmother, Cousin, Mother & Sister
On my way back home, I met Mary Katherine for dinner in Texarkana. We hadn't seen each other since last summer...that's way too long! We had a great time catching up, and I was sad to have to leave. I wish we still lived in the same town. There are so many days when I think, "I wish I could just call MK and have her and her boys meet us at the zoo, park or Purple Cow" or "I wish MK would drop by my house with a fresh strawberry pie!" :) I'm still not over them moving away! :( We had fun though, and we promised to not wait another year to see each other! As we were leaving we decided we needed to try to document the meeting with a phone-photo. We had the hardest time not cutting our heads out of the photo--ha! My first several attempts looked like this:
Finally MK took over the photography and got this one of us.
We said that maybe it would just be easier to do our portrait this way so we could see what we were doing!
I got home about 8:30 last night, and I was ready to be out of the car! I had a great time visiting friends, but I missed my family while I was gone. The kids were asleep when I got here, but I went to their rooms to check on everyone and kiss them goodnight. I wish I'd left a camera at home for Lane, his parents and the kids--they had a really fun day, too! They met at Mimi's for breakfast and went to the Nature Center and had lunch downtown then Bob and Rhett spent the afternoon at the children's museum. Thanks to them for caring for the kiddos so I could make the trip to Texas!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

What a precious shower! You look so pretty. : )

The Milams said...

So much fun to see you. Loved the pics! Looking forward to our next visit!