This afternoon Lane and I took Rhett & Alexee to see Toy Story 3. We'd planned for one of us to stay home with Crosby while the other took R & A to the movie, but then our sweet friend Charla offered to keep C for us this afternoon so we could both go (Thanks, Charla!). It was really fun. The movie was very cute--Lane and I probably liked it as much or more than the kids! I cried at the end. The little girl wearing the tutu and rain boots reminded me of Alexee, and Andy going off to college was just too sad because that made me think of R leaving for college! R & A were both great during the show. Rhett sat super still and payed close attention. Alexee got a little bit bored about half way through, but she sat in my lap and then L's lap and did fine.
This was Alexee's first time to see a movie in the theater. She brought her doll along.
They had the popcorn, drink & candy combos. Rhett wouldn't eat any of his popcorn until the previews were over and the actual movie was going.


The movie made me think of the kids' toys, and which ones might make it into the "College" box one day. Mom made this picture of Rhett's Bunny a year ago when he visited them. I thought it was a sweet photo. Bunny is sitting on R's blue blanket that he used to chew on at night. Bunny was the first stuffed animal to sleep with him every night, but over time he has added a few more: Clifford, Scooby Doo, Monkey & Iguana. I have a picture of all of them lined up on his pillow somewhere, but I guess I take way too many pictures because I couldn't find it when I scrolled back through looking for it. It would be easier to just take another picture!



5 comments:
how fun! Date night with the fam...well most of it! I hope we can see that one with Grace, too. Maybe we can get a friend to sit w/Sophie?? (She's a bit of a wild woman these days....so different from Grace!)
Glad to know yall liked the movie! We will have to check it out. I love taking the boys to movies. We don't go that often and actually I don't think they have been since James was born. Well, maybe they have gone with Corey. I don't remember. That movie popcorn looks good!
Gretchan
I took Duncan last Thursday while mom watched Lucy. It was so good. I got all teary-eyed too.
love their matching outfits! :)
love the bunny picture. Didnt you, me, and Kallie all go to Harrison to see Toy Story when it came out years ago? Or am I really mixed up??
Post a Comment