Thursday, June 3, 2010

Last day of kindergarten & A's black eye

Tomorrow is technically the last day of school, but Rhett started his summer vacation just a little (2 days) early. :) Yesterday I had him wear the outfit that he wore on the first day of school last August and stand in the same place by the garage for a picture.

AUGUST '09: A new kindergartener
8/09
June '10: Ready to be called a FIRST-GRADER
I think he's changed a lot this year!
Now...time for some summer fun!
__________________________________
I mentioned in my Memorial Day picnic post that Alexee had an accident involving her cheekbone and the deck stairs. It doesn't seem to bother her, but her eye has turned black (and blue, and purple and green). I think she's actually kind-of proud of it (which doesn't surprise me at all with her)...she looked in the mirror yesterday and said, "My cheek looks purple--one of my favorite colors!" I'm glad she's tough. It looks sad though. :(
Today she said, "Come in the living room and watch me turn flips off the couch, Momma!" I said, "I think you're purple enough for right now, let's find something else to do for a little while!"

2 comments:

Jacquie said...

A is a typical second-born child!!

Neil, Amy and The Girls said...

Oh, Alexee! Poor baby! Her comments always crack me up...such a cutie pie!

I think Rhett has changed quite a bit this year...he is so handsome!