I've had a really fun birthday. My dear friend Mary Katherine surprised me and drove ALL the way from TX (6 hours round-trip) just to hang out today! Our friend Becca met us for lunch at one of our favorite places, and I think we stayed there close to three hours--we had a lot to catch up on. We had to pick up kids at school or we'd probably still be sitting there. It was a great birthday lunch!
When I picked the kids up at MDO, Alexee told me that she was thinking of a birthday present for me and it was a pink teddy bear with purple polka dots and we could share it. I told her that sounded perfect! :)Tonight the kids and I celebrated some more at Purple Cow for dinner. Unfortunately, Lane couldn't be there--we missed him. :( (I guess my 34th birthday was documented on a phone camera--that's all I had with me today.)
Crosby enjoying part of a purple shake
(photo by Alexee)
(photo by Alexee)
Rhett coloring the place mat--he turned it in when we left and they hung it on the wall. He was really proud! :)
Tonight before bed I told Rhett thanks for going to PC with me. He said, "It was fun, but it would have been even more fun if Crosby had acted better." We started naming all the things C did during dinner and laughing about them: shook salt and pepper all over the table which made me sneeze, tried to squirt both mustard and ketchup on the table (luckily he couldn't get any out), opened a sugar packet and ate the sugar, took the lid off of his shake-threw the straw down-put his whole hand in the cup, threw his spoon full of applesauce on the floor and splattered applesauce on my jeans, hit the glass wall behind him with a spoon, stuck fries in Alexee's shake, tried to climb out of the booth, tried to climb across the table to get R's milkshake..........Rhett and I had a good laugh about all of this and then I said, "But you know what, we love him SO much anyway even though he did all that. And he's just SO cute, isn't he!?" And R agreed. :)






8 comments:
it sounds like you had an awesome bday! :) little C sounds just like Everett!!! Not only do we share the same bday, we turned the same age! Isn't that funny?!
Happy Birthday!! I am so jealous that you were at Trio's...I can't wait to come to Little Rock and eat there!! Sounds like Crosby and Lucy could be best buddies--no telling what kind of trouble they could get into : )
That picture of little Jamie is sooooooo adorable! Happy Birthday!
I love the first picture of you :) Glad you had a good day! Love you.
Happy Birthday, Jamie! Sounds like James and Crosby could have a nice dinner together! If they are awake, they are soooo busy! "What else can I do? What else can I do?" is what James always seems to be saying! The first picture of you is so cute! Would love to see yall!
Gretchan
I love the color of your hair- so pretty! : )
Happy Birthday! Please feel free to Fex Ex me a slice of cake! I'm so glad MK was able to come and spend the day with you. So fun! I love three hour lunches.
Late Happy Birthday to you!! Hope it was a great day. So thankful you girls had some time together:)
Blessings and early Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family,
Kaye
Matthew 21:22
Post a Comment