Monday, January 27, 2014

Friends and Bike Riding

It was a weekend of nice weather and visits with friends!  Saturday morning we had breakfast with Sandra and her family.  We had not seen them since September '08.  They still live in China, but have been back in the states for a few months.  It was great to get to catch up and meet her little girls for the first time!

Here's a photo from January 1997 when Sandra and I first became friends.

17 years later!
January 2014
We had breakfast at Mimi's Cafe.
Another 1997 to 2014 photo:
(L:  on a lake somewhere in Austria; R:  Arkansas-in front of Mimi's Cafe)
Their sweet family!
Sandra and the kids played at our house while her husband and mom returned their rental vehicle.  The girls had fun playing princess dress-up while her son played with Rhett and Alexee.  And we had great weather, so we went outside to ride bikes, scooters, etc.  So thankful they were able to come through town and hang out with us!
That afternoon Alexee learned to ride her bike without training wheels.  She practiced a lot this weekend and is doing great!
She was so proud!  Her friend drew a chalk portrait of her on her bike.  :)
*****
And then on Sunday we got to have lunch and play time with Lianne and her kids--visiting from TX! It still does not seem right that they are "visitors" here--I really still feel like they live around the corner from us.  It was so good to hang out with them for the day, and I just hated to see them drive away.  We'll hopefully go see them soon.  The boys went on a short walk through the neighborhood while the girls and Crosby rode bikes.
So thankful for the time with them!

3 comments:

Jennie said...

What fun! So glad you got to see Sandra! I had to click on the first picture to make it bigger because I saw my Papaw, Nanny, and Dad in it! :)

His Doorkeeper said...

I have read Sandra's blog since their oldest son was little. Love their life in China and all the pictures through the years. Hope they are enjoying their time back in the states.

sandra said...

It was so fun to see you guys! Yeah Alexee for learning to ride her bike!