Thursday, January 30, 2014

...and a Hug Around the Neck

A few things from this week:

Just finished this painting for a friend.  It was such a fun one to do!  She wanted this sweet saying on a canvas because it's something she remembers her mom and grandmother saying to her as a child.  I wrapped it in brown paper and pink string, added white polka dots to the package and shipped it to its new home in Texas. 
(My friend later sent me this photo of the party table)  :)

Alexee's class had a bring-your-stuffed-animal-to-school day yesterday.  I think it was a reward for great behavior when they had a sub last week.  They even got to watch a movie.  Lex took two very large stuffed dogs with her:  Rosie was strapped to her backpack and "Big Bobo" (the stuffed schnauzer like our real Bogart/Bobo) was tucked under her arm.  It seemed like a lot to have to carry to me, but she was happy as could be!  :)
Crosby and I built a Lego fire station yesterday--loved the yellow and orange staircase he made. And I love that he likes to wear super hero PJs all the time.  Do I have to let him go to Kindergarten????
We've been getting ready for A's birthday party this weekend.  She's having some neighbors and classmates over for brunch on Saturday.  For party favors we've made chalk-board mugs and small bags of homemade hot cocoa mix.  I ran through the white paper bags through the printer (one is still jammed in there--so sorry, Lane), added three servings of mix and tied them with pink tulle ribbon.  Alexee also made a mini b-day banner to hang in the dining room.
 Crosby dressed up in his Power Ranger costume and made a Valentine decoration for the fridge.
I don't have a picture of Rhett from this week for some reason, but he's staying really busy with guitar lessons, two after-school math team practices and science club each week.  They are learning to write computer code in science club, which is just amazing to me!  And he's enjoying guitar lessons.  He's learned several chords and is currently learning a Chris Tomlin song, Awake My Soul.  What a blessing to watch your kids grow and learn new things!

Hope you are having a great week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

oops, so many typos. it should have said check it out on you tube, it's a song we sing it all the time.

Candy said...

love the update!!! Ya'll have been busy. Miss ya'll!