Saturday, January 25, 2014

Lately...

Another random catch-up post:

We're still busy doing little things around the house to get it ready to show.  We've had a few warm(er) days, but for the most part it's hard to get motivated to get outdoor items checked off the list in January.  Here's Lane cleaning the dining room windows.
I recently found this cute letter organizer in the garage and had just enough chalk paint left in the bottom of the can to give it a quick update.  This belonged to Lane's grandmother, and he said he can remember where it was in her house when he was a kid.  He then used it in his apartment in college and I look forward to finding a place to use it at our new house.  The three compartments are labeled "LETTER", "BILL" and "MISC."--I tried to lightly sand around the words and the edges.
before & after
Thursday evening I had a meeting at the kids' school then went straight from there to a dinner baby shower for my friend/neighbor.  We can't wait to meet her baby girl!  Another neighbor ordered these monogrammed chocolate petit fours, which I thought were so cute (and delicious).
Bogart is very much in need of a bath and a haircut!  His beard has looked like this a lot lately.  He has an appointment with the groomer next week.  
Alexee came home with a new box of play-dough from the treasure chest.
We went to Mellow Mushroom for lunch after church last week.  The "Mighty Meaty" pizza was SO good.  I'm ready to go back to order another one!  
Last Monday was MLK Day so the kids were out of school.  Rhett was invited to a classmate's birthday party at the new trampoline park.  There were a million people there, but he had a blast.  (This is the only picture I took.)
I started working on chalkboard mugs for A's b-day party.  My sister came over one afternoon after her haircut, and I made an apple pie for National Pie Day.
Crosby spent most of Wednesday in his Wolverine costume.  He wore it to Sonic happy hour and ate dinner in it (including the claws) that evening.  :)

0 comments: