Friday, October 24, 2014

Field Trip to the Farm

Tuesday the 21st was fall field trip day for Crosby and Rhett.  I was sad that I couldn't go on both trips--I wish they had been on different days.  Rhett's 5th grade class went to the Discovery Center, and Crosby's Kindergarten class went to Rutlege-Wilson Farm.  Everyone had a great time.

C was really looking forward to his first school bus ride!  It just happened to work out that they had bus safety day on Monday, so he learned a lot and was prepared for the ride!  :)  
C's teacher had the class divided into groups, and I was asked to keep up with Crosby and three of his classmates.  That sounded simple enough, but as soon as they got off the bus I realized it was going to be more difficult than I thought!  Ha!  They pretty much ran full speed in four different directions for the entire day.  We had a great time though, and I made it back to the bus stop with the kids I was responsible for.  :)

The classes rotated through different stations of the farm, and our class did the hayride first.  This was Crosby's favorite part.  
The decorations were fun to look at along the way, like the giant hay bale spiders and chickens.  The kids were cute looking at everything.
Next we went to see the animals...pigs, goats, chickens, a donkey...
Later we had a farming lesson in the barn classroom.  I thought the red barn was pretty.  We had such nice weather that day.
The instructor told the kids about farm products and also introduced them to their guide pony for the blind, Firefly.  Everyone got a turn to pet him, which was very sweet.
And the playground area was wonderful!  The kids loved it!
I loved getting to spend the day with this sweet boy.  He is such a joy to me.  And I enjoyed getting to know his teacher and his friends better, too.
A great day on the farm!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like such a neat place!