My favorite month is going by too fast! The fall colors are beginning to show, and I'm loving the cool mornings and warm afternoons.
The boys playing catch one afternoon.
Alexee planted these flower seeds way back in the summer, and they finally bloomed last weekend--very pretty! She was happy to see them in bloom.Last Friday afternoon Rhett was invited to a classmate's birthday party so we dropped him off there then Alexee, Crosby and I went shopping for "Beanie Boos". I didn't even know what Beanie Boos were until then, but I learned they are a popular toy among their friends so they wanted to use their allowance to purchase some of them. They were both happy with their choices! Rhett had fun at the party, and he had a make-up soccer game Friday night. He's liking soccer--he told me tonight that he didn't want the season to end.
Saturday was a little bit crazy. Here's what I thought the schedule looked like:
9:00 Crosby-soccer
10:00 Crosby-football
11:30 Rhett-soccer game 1
1:00 Crosby-soccer (make-up game)
3:15 Rhett-soccer game 2
So we had a rushed Saturday morning, C played soccer, we hurried across town to the football field...and saw his team packing up to leave. The football game was actually at 9:00 also so we missed it. I felt so bad for getting things messed up. Ugh. So we went home briefly then went to Rhett's game. We found out at C's first game that the make-up was actually at 2:00 instead of 1:00, so that gave us a little time to run back home and eat lunch. Lane had to go to work that afternoon, but my parents drove up to watch the last two games, came by the house for a little while then treated us to dinner! It was a busy but good day!
The boys played hard and did great! Alexee was a supportive sister. She turned lots of cart-wheels on the sidelines and played with her new Beanie Boos.
We were so glad Mom and Dad joined us! Mom was trying to create a shield from the wind--the soccer fields are kind-of up on a hill and the wind was chilly! Each game I added more layers, but I don't know that I ever got warm.
Monday morning I went to a baby shower for a new friend. It was a really fun time together. I'm thankful for the sweet girls I've met here, and I can't wait to meet M's baby girl, Lucy! The shower was at this neat little bakery--such a cute place, and the cake they made was delicious.
The first quarter of school ended last Friday, which is hard to believe. Things have definitely seemed extra hectic lately--the weeks just fly by, but I'm thankful for every minute of it!










0 comments:
Post a Comment