Last night was Crosby's last basketball game of the season, and they finally got to play against his friend from school. He was really happy about it, and I'm so glad it worked out for them to play together. They stopped for a quick picture afterward. I was surprised we even had the game because it started snowing pretty hard here around 4:00p, but they didn't cancel. We were thankful to make it back home safely. Crosby liked basketball a lot and said he wanted to play again next year.
We woke up to another pretty snow this morning, and it snowed hard all day long until about 6:30p. I think we probably got another 5-6", but I didn't measure.
Our street this morning
Alexee and Rhett are kind of tired of the snow and didn't want to go outside until afternoon, but Crosby was ready to play so I went with him. We walked all around the yard looking at things. He wanted to jump out from behind the mailbox for this picture. :)
I looked at this little dogwood bud and wondered if it could possibly be blooming in time for Easter in five weeks?! Spring still seemed so far away today, but I enjoyed watching the snow fall all day.
This afternoon when they all three went out to play
They said they were pretending they owned a lodge in northern Canada. Sounds fun to me!
Making a snow angel
Bogart watched the kids play from the window for a while and whined to go outside. He gets so cold, but seems to love running around in the snow.
A few more snowy scenes from the yard.
I wish we could have been there with them this weekend. She is definitely ready for spring too. They are having a lot of calves right now, and of course the snow makes the days longer and everything more difficult. I actually loved the snow growing up though. I liked missing school, bundling up and going out in it. When all the feeding was done we'd sled with our cousins for the rest of the day. It seems like we never got cold enough to want to come inside, but maybe I just don't remember that accurately. :)

















0 comments:
Post a Comment