Lately...
Feb. 25th--So proud of Rhett for being one of the class representatives to the 5th grade spelling bee. He made it through several rounds and did a great job. (It was so quiet in the gym--I was so nervous for all the kids!)
Feb. 26th was also a good day at R's school because it was the dodgeball tournament/fundraiser. Another mom made these cool team t-shirts for the boys. Their team won the championship game!
That evening was the 5th grade D.A.R.E. (Drug Abuse Resistance Education) graduation at a local theater. The 5th graders met with Officer D each week to discuss important topics, and the graduation ceremony was a special event for them. Each student also had to write a D.A.R.E. essay. Officer D chose two essays from each class, and those students received prizes at graduation. Rhett and Carter were selected from their class!
Alexee at dinner one night. She looks so grown up to me here.
And on Wednesday, March 4 it snowed again--the biggest snowflakes I've ever seen! As predicted, it changed from rain to freezing rain to snow very quickly that morning and snowed nonstop all day. It was very pretty. School had already been canceled early Wednesday morning based on the forecast, and school was out Thursday too. The kids really only went out to play in it for about 15-20 minutes this time. I think they are tired of snow until next winter.
I bought a bouquet of miniature roses to brighten up the snow day...

and made chicken noodle soup, chocolate chip cookies and homemade bread...
and decorated for Spring.
I love springtime/Easter!












0 comments:
Post a Comment