Friday, March 13, 2015

First Wedding & Grandparent Time

Last weekend was really fun!  Lane's parents came up to visit, and Alexee and I attended her teacher's wedding.  We went out for lunch on Saturday then Alexee and I went to the wedding while the boys had their birthday shopping date with Grammy & Bobba at Toys R Us.

This was Alexee's first time to go to a wedding.  She was very excited to get there and see what it was all about.  I was so happy that the weather was beautiful for Miss B's special day.  Just three days earlier we had snow!  
(Do you see Crosby hiding behind the tree in the first picture?)  :)

The chapel was beautiful.  I'd driven by it before but had never been inside.  We soaked up some fabulous sunshine while we waited to meet up with our friends!
Sweet girls!  I love this picture of them reading through the program.  They were interested in every little detail!
And the reception was so fun.  Cotton candy, lemonade, carnival games, cute props in the photo booth...Alexee loved it all.  :)
I love their cute expressions in these cotton candy pictures!
The beautiful couple!
What a blessing it has been to get to know Miss B (now Mrs. S) this year.  We wish her and her husband all the best!  We loved getting to be there for their big day!
***
That evening we had dinner at a fish restaurant on the lake.  It's always a fun place to eat.  It was great to have Lane's parents here to visit.
After church on Sunday we went to the Keeter Center brunch.  It is so good!  We ate way too much then came home for a lazy afternoon by the fire.
***
One more thing:
If you like toffee and caramel, you should try this recipe!  I made it for our company this weekend, and we all liked it.  It's one that I'll definitely make again.  

0 comments: