I've been tagged by Jacquie (you should go read her fun post)! I am supposed to share eight random things about myself and tag eight people.
Here goes:
1. My best friend all through school was Darcy Hudson (Happy Birthday to her on 11/28!!). In high school, we'd skip school one day each spring and make home-made manicotti and then try to work on our tan. Well, Darcy would work on her tan, I would get sunburned. (It wasn't until later in life that I admitted to myself that I had fair skin and was wasting my time trying to tan!) I promise we were both good students...we just took a day away from class!
2. I took art lessons for years as a kid...2nd grade until my senior year, I think. I loved it, and I always think of it this time of year because we had fun little Christmas parties in the "upper room" of the art studio (which was named the "IT Shop" for Intriguing Treasures, and the building was shaped like a treasure chest. The teacher, Mrs. Rowell, answered the phone, "This is IT."). We'd have snacks at the party, and then she would give us a hand-painted, ceramic ornament each year. My sister and I have a whole collection of them at home, and I love seeing them on the tree at Mom & Dad's--they bring back fun memories.
This list is more difficult than I thought. Feel free to move on to another blog now--I don't think this is very interesting information!
3. I like to get a real cherry Coke and a box of Junior Mints at the movies. And speaking of Coke, I rarely drink them, but I love the ones in the small glass bottles--I think they taste so much better for some reason! My Grandparents always have them, so I sometimes drink them at their house.
4. One of the things I like about the Christmas season is watching the movie "It's a Wonderful Life". When I lived at home, we watched it every year. I love all the characters and I think it's such a great story! We say a lot of the lines throughout the year.
5. I try to never wear blue because when I was pregnant with Rhett an older lady at a maternity store said that blue really wasn't a good color for me when I tried on something blue in her store. When I volunteered at the hospital a few years ago, their volunteer shirts were bright blue and every Monday morning when I put on that shirt I thought of that lady at the maternity store (I agree with her, but still!).
6. My favorite cereal right now is Multi-grain Cheerios. I don't eat cereal as much as I used to though because I can't seem to finish a bowl without it getting soggy--too many distractions at breakfast time--getting the kids' breakfast ready and making Rhett eat without him getting up from the table a dozen times, making L's coffee, packing lunches, letting the dog in and out, etc. Now I usually eat the portion of the Poptart that Rhett doesn't eat (Alexee usually eats all of hers) and drink a glass of milk. Not exactly a healthy breakfast, I know.
7. I generally don't like to listen to music. This is crazy, I know. The first thing I do if I drive L's car is turn off the radio. I don't listen to music when I exercise like the rest of the world. I do love the worship music at church, I love to sing to the kids and hear the kids sing, and I'm sure there are other exceptions. I realize this is strange, but my Mom is the same way, so I guess I got it from her!
8. I've had the same eye glasses since college (at least). I really need to invest in some new ones I guess. I only wear them for a few minutes each night--from the time I take my contacts out until the time I turn off the lamp on my nightstand. I think if I bought some cute, stylish ones I might be willing to wear them a little more!
I guess I won't tag anyone, but if you want to play, please leave me a comment so I can read your list. :)
Escape to the Country With Me
6 months ago


4 comments:
It WAS hard, wasn't it? I learned a few new things about you though. I cracked up at you and Darcy making manicotti and tanning!
Your list made me laugh!!! I loved it!
I'm mad at that crazy lady at the maternity store saying you couldn't wear blue! I always thought one of your best school pictures was that year you wore that royal blue shirt...I think I'm remembering that right? Sounds like a horrible sales lady to have in a store for pregnant women!
That's funny about you and Darcy tanning. I was just telling mom the other day that I wished I could trade in a some of these premature wrinkles for all those years of trying to keep tan. She tried to tell me!
I never listen to music either - except at Christmas!
Post a Comment