Monday, January 26, 2009

Big day--school registration

I don't really feel like I could be old enough to be registering my own child for Kindergarten, but that's one of the things I did today. I'm sure every Mom struggles with the reality of how fast the years go by when she steps into the school office to complete those Kindergarten forms. I know I did. I'm trying not to think about it too much. I'm thankful God has given us this child to raise, and I'm thankful that he's healthy and able to go to school, and I'm thankful that we live in a place where education is available to everyone. I'll try to focus on those things instead of all the sentimental "stuff" that goes along with letting your oldest child take this step toward growing up. :)

Here's the sign at the entrance to his future school announcing open enrollment:
Here's the checklist of things/info to take to registration:
(I resisted the urge to take pictures of myself filling out the forms in the office. I like to document things for the blog, but I felt a little too silly to do that--ha!)
Five years went by in a flash. Here's our baby boy on March 17, 2004:As for Alexee, she's about to celebrate her second birthday this weekend which is also difficult to believe. Her lime green shoes arrived in the mail today, and they are even cuter in real life than they were on the internet. :) I hope they fit--I haven't tried them on her yet. I bought her this big green bow today to go with the dress, and I also took a little white tee to be monogrammed with her name and a butterfly, just in case she wears the tutu. (I'm actually thinking I want her to wear the dress instead now though because I like it and the shoes so much!) It is so fun having a sweet little girl to dress up.
And for Crosby, I couldn't resist this soft baby-blue gown at the store where I got A's hairbow. This might be what he wears home from the hospital. It's simple and sweet, but I don't think he'll really want to get all dressed up for the 10 minute drive home. :)
Three children, three different stages, all of them precious!

9 comments:

Candy said...

This was such a sweet post! K reg is hard and just wait till that first day of school! Such fun and exciting memories though, they just grow up too fast! My oldest was born on March 19th! I love those green shoes, very cute and that baby gown is just precious! Hope your preg is continuing to go well. :)

The Allens said...

I love the night gown!

Jacquie said...

I think I was about the ONLY Mom not crying coming back from the Kindergarten classroom on the first day of school with Kale. I think I was focused on those things you mentioned and about how God was just opening up his little world. R is super bright - he'll just amaze you with new things as he begins school.

The green shoes and bow are sweet. Can't wait to see "A" in them. The little blue gown is perfect - esp. the bow!

Sharmin said...

We have K registration in a few weeks, but I think it's easier for me knowing Logan will be on the same campus as me. All I see is not having to make the drive to Pre-K in Salem every morning, just one stop for all 3 of us.

I guess I'm more worried about Logan's teacher than I am him, I know how he likes to run things (wonder who he gets that from?).

It is a little sad to think about it, this is my last one to go to Kindergarten, sigh.....

sherry said...

Isn't it amazing how fast time goes now. I always remember my mom telling me how fast summers, winters, everything flys by, but as a child, it seemed to take forever! I'm always thinking that it probably feels like forever to them, like when you're cooking dinner and they're "starving".

Lauren said...

I've seen you on many blogs and just wanted to say hello. Love the blog and look forward to keeping up with it. Have a GREAT day!!

Leigh Ann said...

Ok, why am I crying??? LOL! Seriously tears! I guess I can just relate to a lot of what you wrote...starting kindergarten, thankful for a healthy child that can go to school. All a blessing!

Maybe my real tears are about those shoes. Oh my word! PRECIOUS! She will look adorable (as always) whichever outfit she is wanting to wear that day!

That gown is adorable. Gowns were definitely my favorite things for both my babies. They look so sweet in them and can curl up and be so comfy in them. So sweet!

Pigtails & Pearls said...

I think I am going to have to get Chloe those shoes.....they are SO cute!

Heather said...

Sweet post...I love A's green shoes and C's precious gown. You should have his initials put on the gown!!