My parents came to visit today, and we took the kids to the skating rink--it was so fun (and no one got hurt)! I wanted to skate, but 1) I didn't think it would be very safe as I'm rapidly approaching my third trimester and 2) I knew I would look ridiculous out there with my big belly and bad balance! Rhett, Jaiden, Micaela and Granddad laced up their skates and had a good time though! I don't think Dad had been on skates since one of my sister's childhood birthday parties, but I guess it's one of those skills like riding a bike! Jaiden's a natural--she's athletic like my sister and knows no fear. Rhett is cautious (note the helmet and pads--his idea), but he's doing great, too. I think after another trip or two to the rink he'll really have the hang of it. He gets bored easily, so I wish we could buy a pass where we could go and skate for 30 minutes and not have to pay full price! After he took his skates off, we walked over to the ice rink to look around. R was excited to find that they'd called everyone off the ice to run the Zamboni machine. Mom and Dad thought it was funny that he knew what a Zamboni was. I think he learned it from Caillou--he never forgets anything. On the way out, R bumped his foot on one of the tables in the snack area and made a big deal out of it saying he couldn't walk on it (he can be a bit dramatic). He wasn't hurt, but he made us laugh so hard when we got back in the car: Dad said, "Well, Rhett that was good exercise wasn't it?" Rhett responded in kind-of a bored voice, "I guess if you call breaking your foot good exercise." I told Dad that R was going to make a great 80-year-old man!
Ready for action:
Alexee & Jeryn didn't skate, so Jeryn brought his calf-rope in for a little practice time.

Alexee got to take make a few laps with Granddad--she LOVED it! We saw a little girl about her size wearing skates--I'll let her try it when I'm not pregnant and can keep up with her a little better! It's difficult enough to chase her around in regular shoes right now!
Observing the ice skaters--we'd like to try that soon, too!
Next fun stop: Cold Stone Creamery! Alexee & Rhett both had kiddie creation strawberry--Rhett's with gummy bears of course, and Alexee's had sprinkles. I tried one of their smoothies, and it was great (hopefully fewer calories than my usual, Cookie Doughn't You Want Some?).
Rhett & Jaiden both cried when it was time for Mom and Dad to leave town. :( We were so glad they came!
Escape to the Country With Me
8 months ago


4 comments:
Oh, what fun!!! (I'd have loved to seen your Dad on skates.)
Rhett reminds me SO much of Kale when he was little. He was never a little boy - always a little man.
Does Jeryn go anywhere without that rope? Hilarious.
Jodi and I hit Cold Stone yesterday, too. Yum!
Ya'll always do such fun things with your parents! I'm glad they can come for day trips so often! I'm looking forward to lots of those in my future!
I LOVE roller skating! But I think you are right- being pregnant and skating is probably not a good idea!!!
Looks like lots of fun! I have the funniest series of pictures from Christmas, just trying to get one good one of the 3 4-year-olds, but, thanks to my silly child, I never did get a really good one! Oh well, it makes for a fun story!
SO fun...you left out that mom and I were both bawling too! :) Love you all!
Post a Comment