After I recently posted a picture of a birthday tutu that I was considering buying for Alexee, several people posted comments or e-mailed me about how easy it is to make them. So I tried it with some leftover Christmas tulle (it's uneven--I didn't really measure it or try to make it very neat--it was just a quick practice run). So then I decided to try to make one like the birthday tutu. I bought the supplies at Hobby Lobby last week for about $17. I don't know that it looks the exact same, but I think it will work, and I saved a few dollars in the process (I think the one I'd found online was $30 plus extra for the flower and shipping). I'm not even sure she will wear it anyway--I tried to get her to try it on yesterday, but it made her mad and she pulled it off. So I'm working on a birthday dress back-up plan. I haven't bought a onesie or shirt yet...still looking for a plain white one to have monogrammed (plain white ones are more difficult to find than I would have thought).
Here she is in the Christmas tree leftover tutu:
Here's the birthday tutu in process:
I attached a butterfly instead of a flower. I hot glued pink sequins around it for a little bit of sparkle. It would look really sweet on her IF she'd just wear it!?
Escape to the Country With Me
8 months ago


8 comments:
the tutu looks great! I forgot to email you a picture. I will take one tomorrow! Can you send me the pattern you used? Thanks.
The Christmas tutu looks great - especially for practice. The birthday tutu is going to be darling!!
These are wonderful Jamie! Great work mama! I sure hope you can at least get one or two pictures of her in it!
SEE - I KNEW you could make your own tutu - you are so crafty! IT looks great! It makes me sad when you say Alexee won't wear the bows or tutus because I know that's reality and I want Harper to wear all of that until she's about 10. ha! And I know I probably have about 6 good months. :-)
I LOVE the tutu-so cute!!! You did such a great job. :)
Hi! I'm not really sure how I stumbled upon your blog but I thought I would share that you can find plain white onsies at Babies R Us. Carter's brand and their brand too!
Cute tutu. The butterfly on their is so pretty.
My girls would wear their tutus everyday if I would let them!
You don't know me. I don't know you..:-) BUT, I wanted to tell you I saw Hobby Lobby had some onesies and plain white shirts...I am actually going to be making a tutu for my little gals b-day so I really enjoyed this post! The butterfly and sequins look great!! Good work!
Post a Comment