Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Snickerdoodles

We're having home computer difficulties (as in it crashed a few days ago...Lane says it's not the hard drive, so all our files should be there once we get a new one...I think it was the processor?). Anyway, I've realized what an addiction I have to e-mail and blogging and my electronic calendar reminders, etc. because I only have access to a computer (L's laptop) at night! I don't know how to upload pictures to his computer, so I might have no-photo posts for a while.

Rhett and I made Snickerdoodles this afternoon. I hadn't made these in years, and I guess I forgot how good they are (especially right out of the oven). I lost track of how many I ate. Here's the recipe if you'd like to bake a good cold-evening snack!

Snickerdoodles

1 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup margarine, softened
1/2 cup shortening
2 eggs
2 3/4 cups SELF-RISING FLOUR

Separate dish:
3 T sugar
3 T cinnamon

Heat oven to 400. Mix sugar, margarine, shortening and eggs. Stir in flour. Shape dough by rounded spoonfuls into balls and roll in cinnamon/sugar mixture. Place about 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes. Makes about 6 dozen.

6 comments:

Neil, Amy and The Girls said...

Sorry about your computer...we have been having problems with ours too. I hope you have your new one up and running soon. I always look forward to sweet pictures of Rhett and Alexee and of course, growing Cross :o)

Jacquie said...

Sorry about your 'puter. I would be a wreck!

I HAVEN'T forgotten how good Snickerdoodles are... they're like my favorite cookie... I need to make some for Free Day.

In His Army said...

Well, glad you got all my emails when you finally got to check! I laughed OUT LOUD when you replied, "What if I showed up." We need to make Snickerdoodles. I love homeade ones, but never like them from the bakery or anywhere?? I have always thought Rhett looks a lot like Lane but the picture of he and A on the side I see a lot of Hopper. Random thought. :)

The Milams said...

Get a NEW computer already!!! I have some gift cards you can borrow.:)

Leigh Ann said...

Oh, Snickerdoodles bring back lots of childhood memories for me. They are my absolute favorite. I have no idea why I have never made them. Thanks for the inspiration (and recipe).

Heather said...

Made these last night for B to take back with him. YUM'O!!!