Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Baby booties

I've had it on my "to-do" list to get C a Baby's First Christmas ornament before they are all out of stock. I went to the Crown Shop today and chose this sweet little ornament (ceramic booties) for him. The lady there suggested buying a silver pen to write his name and birthdate on the bottom of them, so I did that. I also bought these real Christmas booties for him to wear--I thought they were so cute--I couldn't resist! I'm actually not ready to rush the Christmas season at all. I'm still enjoying fall. I made autumn trail mix a few days ago, a recipe from one of my favorite cookbooks ever, pictured below (Gooseberry Patch). I changed the recipe a little bit. My trail mix included Cheerios, goldfish, pretzels, candy corn and fall-colored m&ms. My friend Heather found Halloween marshmallows, which I would like to include if I make this again (we've already eaten the first batch...well, I ate most of it. Somehow the m&ms didn't seem as unhealthy when they were mixed with multgrain Cheerios.)

6 comments:

Kodi said...

I'm so glad you said something about the ornaments selling out...I hadn't even thought that far ahead. I will get on that right away! :)

on the eastern journey said...

Oh! I should go on-line to see all the ornaments. Your party mix looks SO YUMMY. Missing you today.

Candy said...

I was thinking about 1st Christmas ornaments the other day! Thanks for the reminder because yes they will sell out! I love the one you got! The trail mix sounds YUMMY!!!

Heather said...

LOVING the booties...and the idea to write on the ornament!! I'm ready to see how much Crosby has changed in a few weeks...

We've Got Scents said...

Precious ornament and the booties are too cute!
Your trail mix looks yummy! Love all of the Gooseberry Patch Cookbooks.
Blessings today and always,
Kaye
Matthew 21:22

His Doorkeeper said...

Those Christmas booties are so cute! I bought some caramel marshmallows at Target the other day and I am dying to use them in something. I just can't decide what! Your mix looked good!

All my kids are going to be here for Thanksgiving! And Dawson and Coco too! Can't wait!