Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Birthday boy

Sweet Rhett...SIX years old today.

What a blessing he is. He's a smart boy, a good student, a loving big brother. He's fun, inquisitive, witty, responsible and caring. Today Crosby and I got to have lunch with him at school. We took a birthday balloon for him to tie to his chair and snacks for the class. He was wearing a birthday crown from his teacher and birthday ribbon from the principal. He liked that the ribbon Principal M. gave him was green for St. Patrick's Day. Here he is on the way to the cafeteria:
I had to wake Crosby up to go to the school. I just took him straight to the car in his PJs, but he didn't seem to mind. He smiled when he saw his brother.
When a parent visits for lunch, the child gets to invite one friend to eat at the guest table. While it is fun to get to talk to his friends, this part kind-of stresses me out because all the little kids want to sit at the guest table, and they all ask! I always feel bad! I can tell it makes Rhett uncomfortable too. He doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. Today he asked this cute little girl to eat with us.
His friend took our picture.
Then I went to recess with him. It made me feel good that he wanted to hang out with me and Crosby. These friends of his stopped by to say hi:
When we left, he wanted to walk us to the gate. It almost made me cry though...seeing him standing at the fence waving and blowing us kisses. I wanted to take him home with me. How is he in Kindergarten already!?
Still waving. One of his friends stayed with him and waved. I was glad he wasn't standing there alone.
_______________________________________________

Tonight we went out for our annual birthday dinner. This is Rhett trying a milkshake on his first birthday...
...and here he is making his wish tonight: (Those years went by way too fast.)
Happy Birthday, Rhett!
WE LOVE YOU!

7 comments:

Candy said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet little man! This was such a sweet post!

His Doorkeeper said...

Rhett is a precious little boy! That pic of his first milkshake looks like Crosby!

Happy Birthday Rhett!

I was just thinking how you need to enjoy this now Jamie....won't be long until he will be embarrassed to have his mom show up at school!! Middle school maybe?????

The Keltons said...

Happy Birhtday Rhett

Neil, Amy and The Girls said...

Happy Birthday Rhett!!! I love your Purple Cow tradition...they will alway remember that :o)

I agree with you & Rhett...picking one friend to eat with you would be really hard!

The Jennings said...

Happy Birthday Rhett! I thought Rhett eating the milkshake at age 1 was Crosby! I looked at your sister's blog today. Are Rhett and Jaiden one day apart or am I confused? Were yall in the hospital at the same time?

Gretchan

Sharmin said...

Happy Birthday a little late. I thought about Rhett on his birthday and Jaiden on hers (which would have been Papa Hudson's birthday, too) I'm glad he had a great day.

In His Army said...

That picture of R&A is so sweet! Hope R had a great birthday! We love you so much buddy!