Monday evening the families on our street had a cookout. This was the first time we've done this since we moved into this house (three years this week!), and it was fun. Burgers and hot dogs were the main dish, grilled by Dennis & Lisa, and then everyone else brought something to go along with those. I took baked beans and slaw. I bought the stuff for homemade ice cream, but I only have one ice cream freezer and I realized that wouldn't be enough to feed everyone, so I didn't make it. Maybe I'll make it next weekend instead! Homemade ice cream is one of my favorite things, and it brings back such fond memories of my childhood. It seems like we always had it for special summer occasions on my Mom's side of the family.





Sweet girls. I love this picture. It reminds me how much we have to be thankful for in this country.
Thanks to Becky & Steve for the use of their nice, clean garage and flat drive-way for our picnic area!

C had a bath before the picnic, so he just came in his PJs. He was so good!

Speaking of accidents, when all the kids were running around in the sprinkler at the picnic, Alexee slipped and hit her cheek bone on the deck steps. She now has a black eye. I'll have to post a picture of it.


4 comments:
Looks like a lot of fun! Your kids are growing up. Emily loved the picture of the goat dressed up for the party!
Posts like this make me so excited to be a mom one day! No rush, but I do look forward to it!!
What a fun day! The picture of C holding the flad is just precious!!
The first thing I thought of when reading this was how one day your kids will love seeing these pictures and how young everyone was and you'll think "where did the time go?"
I just reread your last post and I got so tickled at Esther and Max. That's priceless!
Post a Comment