Both boys had Thanksgiving feasts at school last Tuesday. (Alexee's class had already celebrated the week before.) When I dropped C off at MDO, his teacher was dressed as a pilgrim. She told him that they needed to come up with an Indian name for him to put on his headband. When I picked him up that afternoon, he hopped into the car wearing the headband and laughing as he told me his teacher named him "Big Butt Deer"! (He knows he's supposed to say 'bottom' instead, but having an older brother has of course exposed him to additional vocabulary. I guess he thought it was hilarious that his teacher would give him that name!) He didn't believe me when I tried to tell him it was actually "Big Buck Deer". :)
Big Buck had a fun time at his feast.
That afternoon I went to Rhett's classroom for his feast. His teacher had small containers of heavy whipping cream for each student which she had them shake and shake and shake to make it turn into butter. The Principal and Vice Principal even stopped by to join in the fun. They had a full meal--corn on the cob, chicken, sweet potatoes and pumpkin pie. Sadly, Rhett didn't feel good at all and only ate one bite of chicken. His throat was hurting that morning, and I was pretty sure he had fever when I saw him at school. His teacher said he'd been unusually quiet all day. He came home and rested on the couch, he did have 102.5 fever and it wasn't long until he threw up. Poor guy! I felt really bad for him, and couldn't help but worry what that meant for the remainder of the holiday week. Thankfully, he felt much better the next morning--fever free--and only threw up that one time. He didn't have much energy on Wednesday, but was fine by Thursday. We didn't even have our Thanksgiving meal until Friday, so he had an extra day to recover. The fun wasn't over yet though. Thursday night Lane started feeling bad (very sore throat and aching), and he didn't feel good at all on Friday at work or for our family get-together. :( Hopefully everyone can stay well now.Rhett had work to do before the feast started. He's the classroom "payroll" clerk and had to get the sheets filled out for everyone before they left for Thanksgiving break. He likes this job. The students earn (pretend)$20/day for being at school and $5/day for doing their assigned classroom job. They're fined $5 for misbehavior. They can save up their money to buy various coupons at the treat table (for example, Rhett recently bought a coupon to sit at the teacher's desk for a day).
Note from R's teacher
All the kids were excited about the 5 day weekend!







1 comments:
Oh my goodness, LOL about sweet little Crosby and his mix up with words!!! That is hilarious and I'm so glad you have your blog to record that funny memory! :) There is lots of sickness going around here also-yuck! :( I hope ya'll all get and stay well soon! :)
Post a Comment