Sunday, March 31, 2013

Batman Party at the Park

We had a small party for Crosby at the park after school on Wednesday.  It was more of a playdate with cupcakes and balloons really, but I think he had a fun time!  We invited a few little boys his age, along with their siblings.  I was so thankful for the beautiful weather.  After being SO cold at the soccer field two days earlier, I didn't think it was going to work out to play at the park for his party. But the sun was shining, and it was perfect!  He asked me if he could have strawberry cupcakes with Batman on top.  I printed the bat signals on card stock, cut them out and taped them to toothpicks for the cupcake toppers.  We also had juice pouches, pretzels, fruit snacks and popsicles.  It definitely didn't look like a Pinterest-inspired party, but I honestly loved the simplicity of it.  We all sang Happy Birthday, and he seemed happy!  I hope he felt loved and celebrated...he is such a huge blessing and a joy to our family.
Thank you, friends, for joining us for C's special day!

1 comments:

sandra said...

Looks like Crosby's batman party was perfect! I love simple birthday parties in the park. hugs.