Thursday, November 14, 2013

Fall in Flippin, Hayride, Awards & Fairy House

The first weekend of November the kids and I decided to make a trip to Mom & Dad's.  We had actually been planning to go visit Candy and her family in Louisiana that weekend, but sadly her 4 year old got sick that Friday morning and had to come home from school.  :( We hated that it didn't work out (and of course hated for E to be sick), but we decided it would be best to postpone our trip there.  Since we were already packed up, we went to Flippin instead.  My sister, niece and nephew were going too, so it was fun to all be there together.  And the leaves were so pretty there this year--the most colorful fall I remember seeing in a long time.  It was a beautiful drive home!
The kids had so much fun playing in the front of Mo's horse trailer.  They spent most of Saturday there.  My sister and I spent many hours playing dolls in Mom's horse trailer when we were kids.  (Sidenote:  The three dolls I remember playing with the most were "Heidi", "Tara" and "Swing-set".  Heidi and Tara were my dolls, and Swing-set was Micaela's.  The name Swing-set still makes me laugh!)  
A beautiful fall day--my favorite!
Saturday morning Dad cut down a tree, then the kids helped him haul some firewood to the house.
That night we had a fire in the fire pit and made s'mores.
Dad & Lex
I love sitting by a fire!
Sunday lunch at Pizza Hut after church
*******
Other recent happenings:

October 30,  3rd-5th grade honors assembly.  
Rhett received a Principal's Award for all A's the first 9 weeks of school, a Citizenship Award and a Kids With Character Award for the character word of the month:  Responsibility.  We're proud of you, R!  Here he is on stage getting his award from his teacher.
One night when Lane was working, Rhett and Alexee wanted to have a sleepover in R's room, but they didn't want Crosby to join them.  I felt bad that they were excluding him, so I told C he could sleep with me.  Then Alexee started crying and said that wasn't fair because she'd rather sleep with me than Rhett.  Then Rhett got upset and said he wasn't sleeping alone.  So...I slept sideways across the foot of my bed.  I'm pretty sure Bogart even had more room than I did.  :)
November 5, Preschool Hayride
Crosby's class got to go on a hayride around the church parking lot.  He told me he didn't want me to go on the hayride with him, but I went anyway.  :)
 With some of his buddies
 November 7, Park Play-date with a new friend in Alexee's class.  We had a great time.
The girls built this fairy house with things they found at the park (and a little glitter that Alexee just happened to have in her backpack).  I'm thankful for this new friendship!

2 comments:

Candy said...

so much fun! I LOVE the fall leaves, just beautiful. Ev was just telling Tim's mom last night that ya'll were supposed to come, but he got sick. He said he got a shot in his booty though, so you can come now. :) My sister and I used to play in a horse trailer when we were little too!!! That's funny that C didn't want you to ride on the hay ride. Growing up fast! Hope ya'll have a great weekend!!! Happy Birthday! ;)

Tracy said...

Hi! I found your blog through Kelly's Korner. I'm your newest follower. =)