Last Saturday was my birthday. It was also the day the tree farm opened, and we always like to go out early to tag our favorite tree. Lane had worked Friday night so he didn't get to go, but the kids and I made a trip to the farm that morning to find the "perfect" tree to cut down the first week of December. Now not everyone agreed on a tree (as you'll see in the photos below), but I think it will look really pretty. I'm looking forward to having the house decorated.

The tree farm also has a fall pumpkin patch, although we've never gone there for that. They did still have some fall things on display though, and since we had such a non-festive pumpkin picking experience this year, we stopped for a few photos:
Look How Tall This Fall
I loved the green cart full of pumpkins and the picnic bench in the leaves.
We searched two fields to make sure we had seen all our options.
Finally Rhett and I kind of had it narrowed down to two tall, full trees. I asked the kids to vote on tree A or tree B. Alexee crossed her arms and said, "tree C". Rhett tried to reason with her by listing all the fine points of the tree he wanted. Crosby voted and then ran off to the hay maze.

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree!
We tied our ribbon to it and moved on to see the animals. We were waiting for hot chocolate at the snack shack when Rhett got stung by a yellow jacket. He was tough, but it was hurting. The nice lady at the snack shack gave him some ice and sent him to the main building to get some medicine and a bandaid to put on the sting.
That afternoon Rhett went to a friend's house and Alexee & Crosby played outside while I started cooking some things for our early Thanksgiving meal at my sister's house on Sunday. I was nervous about trying to make Grandmother's dressing. I also took cranberry fluff and a pumpkin pie and whipped cream.
This is something my Great-Grandmother Beulah always made for the holidays:
That evening the kids and I went to eat pizza with my friend Lianne and her family--visiting from TX--and a few other friends too. It was fun to catch up. I'm so glad I could hang out with them on my birthday! Lianne gave me a really cute scarf and chalkboard tray--so sweet! :)Our neighborhood has been so pretty with fall color this week! I took a few pictures from the car window. I think we live in such a beautiful state!
Monday night Lane and I went out for a birthday dinner at one of our favorite places--Loca Luna. We get birthday e-mails from them (for a free entree), so we usually try to schedule a time to go! We had a great time.
And then I forgot to have the waiter take a picture, but Emily organized a belated birthday lunch at Local Lime today with a few friends. More great company and more great food...feeling really blessed! :)
















0 comments:
Post a Comment