Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Two More Snow Days

I think we are now scheduled to go to school through June 12th.  We got more ice Sunday night so no school yesterday or today.  The kids have loved it, of course, but it wasn't that exciting to me.  I'm only thinking about spring!

Rhett had to miss lesson yesterday, but spent some time practicing.
Bogart has been a nervous wreck for two days.  It stresses him out when he can see people out in the street, so seeing/hearing the kids sledding all day really interfered with his usual nap times!  :)
Our driveway was SO slick.  We didn't really have snow--it was just solid ice, like a skating rink.  I'm sure I looked funny trying to get the trash can to the curb without falling!
Keeping an eye on the kids from the warmth of the dining room:
Alexee, Addison & Natalie eating ice.
Rhett and Alexee both played outside for hours yesterday.  Crosby didn't seem to like it quite as much.  He made two short trips outside but spent most of the snow day doing puzzles, playing with Legos and watching Power Rangers.
I'm sad that my daffodils were just about to bloom when the ice hit.  Seeing the cheerful yellow flowers always makes spring seem so close.
I've washed the snowsuits once again....I'm sure hoping we are done with them until NEXT winter!?  

1 comments:

Candy said...

Wow! This weather has been crazy this year. Sad that ya'll have to make up the days and go to school that far into June. :(