Friday, March 14, 2014

Weekend: JumpZone Party & MO Trip

Last Saturday was a day Crosby had been looking forward to for weeks!  He and his friend Cole both have March birthdays, so we had a combined party for them at JumpZone and invited the little boys from their preschool classes as well as some church/neighborhood friends.  I think it was a successful party--the kids seemed to have a blast!  It was an easy party to prepare for, too, which was an added bonus.  My friend Emily got these perfect bounce-house invitations, we each ordered a box of cupcakes decorated according to the birthday boys' wishes and we bought bouncy balls and bubble gum to make party favor bags.  Thank you to everyone who came to celebrate with us!

Birthday Boys!!
Crosby chose Power Rangers cupcakes and Cole chose Lego cupcakes
Happy Happy (early) Birthday to our 'baby' boy!
I love the different expressions on his face during the song.
And Happy Happy (belated) Birthday to our great buddy, Cole!
We were so happy that Bobba & Grammy came over to celebrate with us too!  We always love for them to come to visit.
Garner Kids
It was a fun day!
*****
The party was over at 3:30 and Lane and I left straight from there to go to MO for the weekend.  We pulled a U-Haul full of boxes that I'd been frantically packing because we thought we might have to be moved out by the first week of April.  As it turns out, that deal fell through so we won't be moving that soon, but at least it pushed me to pack some things that we won't be needing before summer.  The mess has been driving me crazy.
There was still some snow on the ground there (3/8), but the remaining piles melted on Sunday because it warmed up to be a beautiful day.  I think one of my favorite things about the new place will be the view from the dining room window--only trees!  We were hoping to see deer, but maybe next time.  We did see an armadillo in the bushes last time we were there.  He'd dug holes in the back yard though, so we weren't exactly happy about him.
I took a stack of paint samples and we tried to decide on a color to paint the dining room to make it a little bit lighter.
We'd heard that the Keeter Center has a great Sunday brunch, so we decided to try it out.  We were not disappointed!  It's on the campus of College of the Ozarks and the students work in the restaurant.  They were all very nice and the food was so good.  
A student also played the piano in the dining room.
We took this picture of the St. Patrick's Day cupcakes for Rhett since his birthday is the 17th.  And the little homemade mints were good.  :)
I was great to see my parents Sunday afternoon.  I was fine during the day when the sun was shining and we were getting projects done, but at night it was lonely and I wanted to go "home".  Knowing Mom and Dad could be there in less than an hour and a half was comforting.  It was also so nice to see a couple from Lane's work group and meet one of our neighbors!
The kids had fun while we were gone.  They went to lunch at Purple Cow on Sunday and Alexee lost a tooth when she took her first bite!  They were able to find it though--glad she didn't swallow it!  That afternoon Bob took the boys to see the Lego movie and they picked up pizza for dinner.  Crosby enjoyed "his" day with Bobba and Grammy on Monday while R & A were at school.  They took him to Toys R Us to shop for his birthday and they let him choose where to have lunch, which of course was Chick-Fil-a.  A huge thank-you to Lane's parents for helping with the kids so we could get started on the move. 
Missing another tooth!
(3/9/14)
For now, crossing the Arkansas River is when I feel like we are "back home" from a trip.  I wonder how long it will take for a new spot to say "welcome home"?

0 comments: