Friday evening I gave R & A their baths and then sent R back downstairs to hang out with Lane while I put A down for bed. When I came downstairs, Rhett met me in the kitchen to tell me that he'd found a Band-aid for his sore finger...and then he casually added, "...and I cut my hair." That caught my attention. I looked up from whatever I was doing and immediately saw that a large chunk of hair was missing off the top of his head. Thankfully he stopped after just this one part, but it didn't look good. I'm just thankful that he didn't hurt himself with the scissors. Obviously, I shouldn't have had scissors where he could get to them. I asked Lane where he was during the haircut, and he said that he'd heard R digging around in the bathroom drawer, so he yelled in there to ask what he was doing. R replied that he was looking for a band-aid, which seemed normal and like something he could handle without assistance. Oh well...as I said, I'm just glad he didn't get hurt. His hair grows quickly. I've moved the scissors, of course.
So there wasn't much I could do about it over the weekend (I assumed I'd only make it look worse if I tried to cut it), so I waited until Monday morning and called Debbie--our family hair stylist--to see if she might possibly work us in before Thanksgiving (when I'd hoped to make a Christmas card photo of the kids). Luckily, my sister was having her hair done there today, so she told us to come in while M was under the dryer and she'd work on R's hair. When she saw the gap, she said, "Girl, you know we're going to have to just buzz it all off, don't you?" I told her that I was hoping for more of a "blending", but she said she couldn't really imagine him being able to sit still enough for that approach (she was right). The good thing is we can wait a few extra weeks before his next cut!
Here's the before shot (it doesn't really show the problem area very well):
And after (I think he was actually very proud of his haircut):
Escape to the Country With Me
9 months ago


1 comments:
I think he looks really cute. He kind of reminds me of Kyle and Brian when they were little boys with that hairdo!
Have fun in Flippin and have a great Thanksgiving! (I wish this was our year to be there too so we could see ya'll!)
Post a Comment