Monday, November 12, 2007

Thirty Years Young



Friday night we went to a surprise (70’s theme!) birthday party for our good friend Brad at the skating rink. His wife Leslie and his mom did a great job putting together a fun night. I think the last time I went skating was my senior year of high school on a regional ball trip!? After a few laps around the rink, it sorta came back to me, but it hurt my legs much worse than I remember at 18! The clothes were hilarious. My dress was actually from 1969 I think--I found it in my Grandmother’s closet last time I was home. Mom wore it to her high school Home-Ec. teacher’s wedding! I said something about it not being from quite the right time, but Dad said, “Believe me, the clothes were ugly in the late 60’s and stayed ugly for many years--it will work just fine.” We had such a good time. Hope you had a great birthday, Brad! Thanks for including us in your celebration.

1 comments:

Kelly said...

Well - I'm glad you switched to this format so I can comment on every post now! I've been saving up all kinds of comments. ha!
I love your dress here. I think the green looks pretty on you - even if it's supossed to be funny - somehow you look so cute!!! But where is Lane's 70's attire?
I want to go to a skating party - that sounds so fun!!!!