We've had a quiet holiday weekend. We went out early this morning before it got TOO hot to tidy up the deck, wash the table and chairs and put the umbrella and cushions out. (Big holiday excitement, I know! Ha!) Rhett was a great help. He scrubbed and scrubbed on the table and tied all the chair cushions in place. Crosby and Bogart had fun with the water hose, and Alexee got bored and went back inside to play a Curious George game on the computer.
Every time I've gone outside since this encounter, I've been afraid he'd appear again. And today he did. I went to turn the water hose off and I was honestly thinking, "I hope that snake isn't back here." I looked to the left and there was his tail--he was in the top of the bush right next to the hose. SCREAM!!! I sent Rhett to get a garden tool while I kept my eye on the snake. Alexee was begging me not to kill it, so I "let him" escape. (Seriously doubt I could have made myself get close enough to hit him anyway.) Please, little non-venomous snake--FIND A NEW YARD TO HANG OUT IN. We don't enjoy you're company at all. 





















4 comments:
They look so cute in their red,white & blue! :) UGH, that snake needs to go! Can't believe that A is not scared of him! YIKES! That ice cream look YUMMY! :)
I'll come kill the snake for you...killed another tiny one in my garage today. The kids look so cute & festive. I LOL at the pic of R & his aching belly. I can hear him telling you that put him over the edge!! :)
I need to send Austin to you, he will catch the snake....and maybe relocate it to someone else's yard. He sent me a picture text from Lonoke at the shooting sports comp (before I got there) of a green snake about the size of your little friend, all entwined in his fingers! My reply text was, "PUT THAT DOWN, NOW!!!" He's too brave.
Love this post - minus the snake. A's patriotic sandals are the cutesy thing ever!!!
Post a Comment